Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have been reminded that I haven't posted something in a while, and since I feel like writing and avoiding thesis work, here are some recent thoughts from my head:

* I have discovered the wonder of shopping at Whole Foods. If there were one in Las Cruces I would be short on time (more so) and cash because it would be spent there. I got a screaming deal on my quinoa purchase.

* I wonder about miraculous things. I wonder if they get brushed aside by the general population as something that doesn't happen anymore. What a logical society we have become, and it even seems that many faithful and devoutly religious people think that grand miraculous things can't happen. In our hubris we tend to think that nothing can hide from man's intelligence anymore. It doesn't become us.

* There are times when I ponder my choice in career path. Today is one of those days.

* I am wondering if I am allergic to peanuts. That makes me a little sad. I like peanuts.

* I have a fascination with cheese. I have made my own soft and semi-hard cheese, and I love it! If I had access to a root cellar and large amounts of raw milk, I would try my hand at making a large wheel of hard cheese.

* Even though I have doubts that it will happen in the first third of my life, I would still like to raise at least one bison. When playing two truths and a lie, people consistently accept that I could have a ham radio licence and the lie that I am related to Mel Gibson, but they just can't seem to believe that I have taken a bison management course. If given a choice to eat, I will take bison over beef. I was put out when I thought that Albertson's wasn't carrying it anymore, even though it is a rare treat for me anyways.

* Even though it cuts out large amounts of time that I could be spending giving attention to my thesis work, I love teaching horticulture and trying to make the lab a better learning experience.

* I continue to find the random white hair from my head of salt-and-pepper that is turning back to brown. It makes me smile and hope that beyond the stress there is a healthy me.

* I'm on the older side of my current social group, and I like it.

* I find it ironic that I often don't feel very good physically in spite of following what most people would call an extremely healthy eating pattern. For most of the time I am able to get everything done and to function normally, but I can't help but moan about it sometimes even though the majority of it is all within my own power to change.

* I can't seem to get over the parenting that leads to a pageants and shows like Toddlers and Tiaras.

* Still remembers how to count to twelve thanks to Sesame Street. Nothing sticks in your head like that pinball machine song.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Haha! That song popped in my head the other day, and then I ended up looking for it on youtube. Then it was really stuck in my head!

tawnya said...

Yay! A post! Thoughts...

1. Do you have to go to...El Paso for the nearest Whole Foods? Cruses really doesn't have one? Weird.

2. I am one of those logical / no miracles people. It makes me sad.

3. Allergic to peanuts? What happened?

4. I want to make cheese, but I'm completely intimidated...

5. I'm skeptical on bison. Isaac keeps telling me I should try it.

6. Right there with you on the parenting thing...

7. That's how I'm teaching Sammy to count! (well, did)

Rachael said...

Tawnya -

1. The nearest whole foods is in Albuquerque. It's sad that it's so far, but ok at the same time.

3. I noticed that I wasn't feeling so great after I had some peanuts recently, and that's when I started to remember how that seems to happen every time I have peanuts. Every other time I would just tell myself that it was just another 'not feeling good' day.

4. I have a lot to say about cheese, so maybe that will be my next post!